Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nav Challenge

SteveHitchenSteveHitchen
    LFC Moderator

The next LFS nav challenge is on 18 October, and although  can’t make it myself (I’ll be in Italy), I urge everyone to consider having a go at this. If you haven’t done one before, the school gives each plane a series of clues that, when solved, will give you the waypoints on a navex. The last waypoint is a landing. Ultimately, you will find lunch. No plane leaves an airport without having solved the destination clue, so there’s no getting lost. Also, there are a series of trivia questions to solve en route, which give the teams bonus points at the end. Points are awarded for each correctly-identified waypoint and trivia question answered. The real beauty of these challenges is the chance to get away with flying mates and have lunch at some remote airport or private strip somewhere. They are generally a great day, and you’ll probably end up going somewhere you’ve never been before. Last time we ended up having a BBQ at Yarrawonga, and before that on the shores of Lake Glenmaggie.

Put your name down at the LFS desk as soon as you can, and have a crack.

SteveHitchenSteveHitchen
    LFC Moderator

Sunday’s nav challenge was a beauty! From LIL to Penfield/Sunbury (one instructor thought it prudent to do a low pass to check the writing on the hangar) then down to a challenging landing at Torquay for lunch. Parachutists everywhere! There we caught up with two members: Jock Folan who did some aeros over the field in Decathlon KAR and Dave Woodland who was flying jumpers in a C208 Caravan. Home via Wine and Water (Portsea). Congratulations to team All Stars who took the win. Thanks heaps to Murray (pictured at the controls of the Sportcruiser) who organised another great route, and LFS for springing for lunch. There were seven aeroplanes on the trip: one Bonanza, two Warriors, two Jabirus, an Arrow and a Sportcruiser.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.