At the last committee meeting it was discussed what would be the best way for LFC to contribute to the recovery of towns and businesses in the bushfire-effected areas of Victoria. In the end the decision was made that we could simply do what LFC does best: fly to regional areas and spend money there. Consequently we have tentative plans to fly down to Mallacoota for lunch very soon. This could be a day trip or if people wanted to stay overnight, even better. At this stage we have no dates as Mallacoota Airport is still closed to all but the ADF, emergency services and selected relief flight. We will stay in contact with the authorities down there and let you know as soon as the airport is open to the public again.
Right now, we are asking members to put forward their names if they are interested in making this trip. We need a handle on numbers so we can make sure the town would be capable of dealing with the size of the group. If you’re up for this, please send an e-mail to Steve Hitchen email@example.com soonest.