Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    How to Polish Spinners

Dave MartyDave Marty
    LFC Moderator

For those owners who have an aluminium spinner, we want them looking like chrome but its not legal to have them chromed.

There is a fantastic and easy way to get your spinner mirror like with little effort. I learnt this from the Beechtalk American forum and it works . I did my spinner 2 years ago and its been easy to keep looking good since

Step 1:     wipe  spinner with Ali-brite ( Hydrofluoric acid ) Aluminium cleaner     – wear gloves and glasses and do in ventilated area

Spinner immediately goes a grey hazy colour and looks frightening- like you’ve ruined it . This is NORMAL

Leave for about 5 minutes and don’t use the ali-brite on the screws around the spinner edge as you don’t want to leave any residue when removed

Step 2 :   With a different cloth, rub the spinner over with Californian Purple.  A lot of black oxidation comes off ,and a change of cloth is needed.  As you remove all the black stuff your spinner starts to shine. Its possible to get a mirror finish.

To keep the good finish ,i go over it with just the Californian purple every few months.

Both products are available at autobarn and supacheap auto

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.